HWBOT Community Forums

GTX 1080 crazy OC?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No results yet? Whats up here? I waiting someone smash all records by 20%. :D

I think sampling is done differently nowadays. Haven't really seen any in-depth overclocking articles either in spite of the 2.1Ghz "rumored" overclocking created quite the buzz online. There are no scores up on 3DMark either ... :confused:

It seems like Nvidia wants to make sure they're able to launch the GPU at their schedule rather than having AIB blow the whistle. Press event was on May 6th, Press NDA on May 17th and shipments start from May 29th. This opposed to launch PR and availability at the same time.

Edited by Massman

Semi-right allen... There shall be a special thing from NV for competitive benchmarking

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI NXT-L29 mit Tapatalk

Was watching LTT's livestream the other day and they mentioned something about having to pay to unlock 3-way SLI?

So far the highest scores on the ORB:

No idea where the "serious" overclocking results are though. Maybe there is an NDA on those as well?

Was watching LTT's livestream the other day and they mentioned something about having to pay to unlock 3-way SLI?

P So far the highest scores on the ORB:

No idea where the "serious" overclocking results are though. Maybe there is an NDA on those as well?

Jayztwocents apparently talked to Nvidia at the launch about it, it's not supposed to cost money. You'll just have to request a key to enable it. I think the "charging money" is just typical anti company talk.

So far the highest scores on the ORB:

Nothing serious here aswell, but still, seems in line with our results.

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/6740/28/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-review-de-nieuwe-koning-overkloktest

I found the beta Precision tool kinda lacking in term of user friendlyness, so I didn't touch the voltage slider, since it didn't clearly inform what you were actually setting. Max powerlimit and temp(temp priority) seemed to be enough to get to 2.1GHz tho.

if all exemplars had same behavior and that are not solved with bios from nvidia , seems to be a hardware problem not at software level , 1.25volt limit is from chip itself , technological chip process and nvidia can limit the core voltage at 1.25v and that is not good at all for OC community