HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Administrators

Sc1 stage 6 is Haswell-E, and you better believe that for 3d11 full out and fire strike e we might see broadwell-e as well. On amd, we included stuff like 9590 etc at sc2, we can only use what amd offers us, might have been sarcastic rsponse by me but it is a fact that amd has not released ddr4 systems so far and that their highend cpu are older than haswell iirc....

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cup did not even start now and you panic?

I am quite amused tbh, all changes are already tasked internally for hours now, and stage rules are clear for example on the mobile sandy/ivy. @Taloken SC2-4 are completely linked to ddr generation. If you are willing to develop an amd board with ddr4 in one day, we can delete Haswell from SC1 and use only ddr4 at current gen :)

No panic from my side :) But since I've been in a few competitions and in practically every one there are discussions about HW limitations and rules even after start, so my thought is to make everyting clear from the start so nothing is up for interpretation.

• Administrators

I agree on this, as said there are already iinternal tasks to fix typos and errors. I really hope we get this database issue fixed fast as well, but this is sadly beyond my power

edit AM2 in our definition of database - please note that after internal discussion we stay with the decision to not allow server cpus

Overclocking, overclocking, and much more! Like overclocking.

• Administrators
you say about the sorted by of memory type but where is sdr and fpm/edo?

Not present, I wish we could have done this as well. The main reason we did not include this was to keep the amount of stages and benchmarks in a limit that also gives smaller teams still a chance to compete, if we would have added 14 more stages or only seven more for example, it would have become even harder for smaller teams to compete

Just one last clarification, is it mandatory to run the correct memory type under each SC? Or is it allowed to run a mobile Haswell with DDR3 under SC1 stage 3, since, I as far as I know, there are no mobile Haswell with DDR4 support?

• Administrators

On this, it is same as with AMD, you bench what is available, current gen stage is the only one where we can not keep up the pattern to stay with memory type because of technical issues, AMD has no ddr4 system until now and the mobile haswell platform as well as Haswell desktop is ddr3 - sure you can use ddr3 for haswell mobile as well :)

Edited by websmile

The ‘Dogpile’ round involves teams making as many submissions as possible with scores added together to make a total score. Only score per CPU/GPU allowed, so it’s all about digging out and scoring on as many different CPUs/GPUs as possible.

Sorry for dumb question, but I don't get it. Is it limited like 1 submission per overclocker, or one man can submit 50 results to this stage, for example?

• Administrators

You can submit as many different cpus as you want. The only restriction is that each model only counts 1x for the team, means if you submit 2160 and teammate does the same, only the better result will add to the final result.

On this, it is same as with AMD, you bench what is available, current gen stage is the only one where we can not keep up the pattern to stay with memory type because of technical issues, AMD has no ddr4 system until now and the mobile haswell platform as well as Haswell desktop is ddr3 - sure you can use ddr3 for haswell mobile as well :)

Ok, great to get that clearified. But then I have a follow up question, is it allowed to use another memory type if possible, even though the "correct" one is available? Example: SC3 Stage 1, can we use DDR3 motherboards for this one? This is just one example, there are more stages where this is possible.

SC3 Stage 2 & SC4 Stage 1, the only CPUs that fit most of the numbers given are in the Netburst (Pentium 4,90nm) category, don’t have any idea what the 160 is. Also this would only allow 1 cpu the Celeron D 350 for socket 478 and after a quick search of Ebay not real abundant. If this has been asked sorry but don’t recall see it.

can someone explain the "CPU must be different" and GPUs must be different" part for dogpile? not sure if its so simple that i dont get it or its just going over my head lol.

sorry if its been answered already.

EDIT: disregard. i got the answer to this question already.

Edited by Johnd0e

You can submit as many different cpus as you want. The only restriction is that each model only counts 1x for the team, means if you submit 2160 and teammate does the same, only the better result will add to the final result.

How about SLI/Crossfire, would it count as a different model then a single card of same modell for this stage?