HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I say it again, it can be used. We cannot make a rule that can´t be enforced, there are Galax and G.Skill handpicked samples for example with standard design and retail SPD we can not determine to be es or retail. The Samsung ICs used on Zadac are available world wide, so if we would rule these out and let Galax or GSkill or Team enter, this would be against the spirit of fair play. ES rule will not be enforced on memory sticks. After experience made at moderating I will not rely on people being honest and not use ES with retail comouflage...

Edited by websmile

I say it again, it can be used. We cannot make a rule that can´t be enforced, there are Galax and G.Skill handpicked samples for example with standard design and retail SPD we can not determine to be es or retail. The Samsung ICs used on Zadac are available world wide, so if we would rule these out and let Galax or GSkill or Team enter, this would be against the spirit of fair play. ES rule will not be enforced on memory sticks. After experience made at moderating I will not rely on people being honest and not use ES with retail comouflage...

Sad but true... :(

• Administrators

Workstation cards with one vga core are no problem, other than 28 core server cpus. Plus this is only an issue (theoretical) for dogpile because we have clear definition of what card series are allowed, on cpus this is different because they are defined by socket and architecture. This is why we handle fire gl and quadro generously and different from xeons and opterons, this was stated before cup started at the thread at competition annuncements. I think we all can see the difference to cpus and agree that restrictions are only made where needed, so we do not care about quadro at dogpile.

In fact the problem hit all teams, it seems all submissions above 5 are not counting to the result anymore at dogpile, they are still there but do not add to total. This will need a fix at databae or engine most likely, so no need to re submit atm. I already created a task for a fix

I already created a task for a fix

it is possible to remove the preview pictures rig on the front page where rankings in rounds (hwprime and 3dm01) or add on/off option? when there are many images the browser very slow working...

Edited by Remarc

it is possible to remove the preview pictures rig on the front page where rankings in rounds (hwprime and 3dm01) or add on/off option? when there are many images the browser very slow working...

This and maybe limit the number of "latest submissions" that are shown in the list. Although, currently none are showing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...