HWBOT Community Forums
richba5tard

HWBOT Forums going down for migration to InvisionPB

Forum migration is done, but hwbot engine integration with the invision pb api is a bit wonky. We are keeping an eye on it.
  • Thanks 2

Sadly I had to remove the content of the "news" section as this one hackers had infested with the crypto mining javascript, so comments on news is lost. All other content migrated just fine.
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that's weird. Invision PB sees this as "status updates" like twitter or facebook. I don't find an immediate option on how to turn it of from the feed. It's not like a PM but it's not really ment to show to everyone either.

• Thanks 1

can you get us a new posts button on the main page of the forum, that is my bread and butter

• Like 1

You can use the link I posted above for everything or top right on the main page there is an unread content button. :) 

Is "edit" function disabled on the migrated content? I want to update my for sale thread.

Edit: edit function working for new posts :)

Edited by bigblock990

Sorry to double post but now the "edit" button is gone from my previous post. Is there some time limit that can be removed/changed?

53 minutes ago, Splave said:

can you get us a new posts button on the main page of the forum, that is my bread and butter

51 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Certainly looks newer :D

+1 to the new posts, also need to sort score links in discussions but other than that great work :D

Check the "activity" tab on top. I think there were other ways too, but this one works well.

11 hours ago, richba5tard said:

Forum migration is done ...

1) We need a button on the top bar , that will link to hwbot.org

2) Where is the Team Captain section ?

I'd assume that automatic redirects from the old forums threads to the equivalent community threads are in the works? There would be a lot of broken links scattered around the web otherwise.

Cheers for the great work!

15 hours ago, richba5tard said:

I think there is a time limit, let me check.

It appears the "edit" function times out after 5mins. Have you been able to find / fix this yet? Should be no time limit on editing IMO. Thanks

17 hours ago, Noxinite said:

You can use the link I posted above for everything or top right on the main page there is an unread content button. :) 

I prefer a single click if possible, I'd assume this is the most used feature. Idk why all new face lifted forums doing away with it.

Seems to look nice but not work as well as what it's replacing. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe it is just me, but when I try to click on links in posts like at marketplace on Marcs thread, I get to another tab of the same thread, despite adresses showing seemingly correct links...

How big is inbox supposed to be? On old forum my inbox was no where near full, now when I go to send a PM it says that inbox is full. Perhaps you could add something to show what percentage of inbox is filled like the old forum had?