Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Leeghoofd

Official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2018 Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Start date will be the 5th of August till the 31st of October. Frederik is adding the stages in the competition pages

Hardware list will be available soon, so you can start scamming Ebay and co, we tried to keep it as cheap and accessible as possible.

Verification rules will be expanded versus the regular standard offical HWBot rules:

  • CPU-Z tabs for CPU, Mainboard and Memory (+SPD for the memory stage)
  • Verification Screenshots are always full screen, no removal of taskbar, no clipping,...
  • Retail hardware only (also for motherboards)
  • Competition Background must be visible
  • To avoid the drama of last year, picture(s) of the RUNNING OC setup has to be added with each submission
  • For all 3DMark benchmarks the latest Systeminfo has to be installed (have verification files at hand)

Competition will be split in DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4 based platforms:

DDR

Stage 1: Pifast socket A  (3 CPU submissions)
STAGE 2: Wprime 32 Socket 754 Venice Core (3 CPU submissions)
STAGE 3: GPUPI 100M Socket 478 Prescott 1024 core (3 CPU submissions)
STAGE 4: SuperPi 32M Socket 939  (3 CPU submissions)
STAGE 5: 3DMARK01 S939  & Radeon HD 2000 series  (3 GPU submissions)

STAGE 6: 3DMARK99 S478 & Geforce2 series  (3 GPU submissions)
STAGE 7: Aquamark3 AGP only  (3 GPU submissions)
STAGE 8: CPU-Z Memory Frequency Dual dimm  (3 Mem submissions)

 

 

DDR2

Stage 1: Superpi 1M AM2 (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 2: Wprime 1024 Socket 775  (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 3: CBR11.5  AM3 (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 4: X265 1080P  LGA775 (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 5: 3DMark2001  Geforce 6 (3 x GPU submissions)
STAGE 6: 3DMARK05  AMD CPU  & Radeon HD 3000 series  (3 x GPU submissions)
STAGE 7: Unigene Heaven Basic  (3 x Geforce9 submissions)
STAGE 8: 3DMARK11 PHYSX TEST  (3 x CPU submissions)

 

 

DDR3

Stage 1: CB R15 S1366 (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 2: SuperPi 32M AM3  (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 3: X265 4K LGA2011
X79  (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 4: GPU Pi 100M socket FM1  (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 5: 3DMark03  Geforce 600 series (3 x GPU submissions)
STAGE 6: 3DMark Vantage Geforce 700  series (3 x GPU submissions)
STAGE 7: 3DMark11  HawaI/Tahiti cores (3 x GPU submissions)
STAGE 8: 3DMark Firestrike APU FM2(+)  (3 x iGPU submissions)

 

 

DDR4

Stage 1: Geekbench 3 MULTI for dual core CPUs (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 2: Y-Cruncher pi-1B  Quad CORE CPUS (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 3: CBR15 divided per core   (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 4: PCMARK7  (3 x CPU submissions)
STAGE 5: Aquamark3 AMD only (3 x GPU submissions)
STAGE 6: 3DMark Vantage
GPU Performance (3 x GPU submissions needed)
STAGE 7: 3DMark 11
Extreme Dual GPU  (3 x GPU submissions needed)
STAGE 8: 3DMark Firestrike APU/IGP  (3 x iGPU submissions needed)

 

 

Remarks, feedback other thoughts  are as always welcome

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there will be stages for 775 and/or 1366 and/or 1156, can Xeons be allowed for those platforms? They would only have the benefit of (some of them) being cheaper then the other chips for those particular sockets and more plentifully available.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Start date will be the 5th of August till the 31st of October. Frederik is adding the stages in the competition pages

Hardware list will be available soon, so you can start scamming Ebay and co, we tried to keep it as cheap and accessible as possible.

Verification rules will be expanded versus the regular standard offical HWBot rules:

  • CPU-Z tabs for CPU, Mainboard and Memory (+SPD for the memory stage)
  • Verification Screenshots are always full screen, no removal of taskbar, no clipping,...
  • Retail hardware only (also for motherboards)
  • Competition Background must be visible
  • To avoid the drama of last year, picture(s) of the RUNNING OC setup has to be added with each submission
  • For all 3DMark benchmarks the latest Systeminfo has to be installed (have verification files at hand)

 

Remarks, feedback other thoughts  are as always welcome

1A+ rules, you're the best @Leeghoofd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

"Retail hardware only (also for motherboards)"

Does this include the GPU for display out, I mainly just use single slot cards for that and at the moment all I have is a Firepro V5900 in my box of "stuff that actually works"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordNicoll said:

Does this include the GPU for display out, I mainly just use single slot cards for that and at the moment all I have is a Firepro V5900 in my box of "stuff that actually works"

Buy a 5 euro GPU dude or use iGPU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:
  • To avoid the drama of last year, picture(s) of the RUNNING OC setup has to be added with each submission

will this mean with the monitor in shot (finished bench screen) or just a running rig pic?

Not an issue either way but wouldn't mind some clarification on it :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, unityofsaints said:

Buy a 5 euro GPU dude or use iGPU

Um, idk where to find €5 GPU's, that seems insanely cheap. I could get a scam ebay GPU and get refunded I guess

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LordNicoll said:

Um, idk where to find €5 GPU's, that seems insanely cheap. I could get a scam ebay GPU and get refunded I guess

 

dude if it comes to it I'll ship you a 5450

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mickulty said:

dude if it comes to it I'll ship you a 5450

Oh wait, I do have one of those in another machine, thanks for reminding me. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great, i'll try my best with the bench systems i have now.

Thanks Albrecht and Frederik :)

Edited by Casanova
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Verification Screenshots are always full screen, no removal of taskbar, no clipping,...

What about when max res is only 1680x1050 so I for cinebench I have to kill explorer to fit everything into the screeny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, havli said:

Auto-hiding taskbar is ok or not? I'm using it for all screenshots... for example http://hwbot.org/submission/3796340_

Nope, turn auto hiding off...

 

36 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

What about when max res is only 1680x1050 so I for cinebench I have to kill explorer to fit everything into the screeny?

if I can manage a proper CB verification at 1280*1024 you should be able too

 

6 hours ago, ground1556 said:

If there will be stages for 775 and/or 1366 and/or 1156, can Xeons be allowed for those platforms? They would only have the benefit of (some of them) being cheaper then the other chips for those particular sockets and more plentifully available.

Yes, there will be single Xeon CPU and AMD Opterons allowed in the mix with some of the older hardware stages

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bilko said:

will this mean with the monitor in shot (finished bench screen) or just a running rig pic?

Not an issue either way but wouldn't mind some clarification on it :)

Only the setup running the specific hardware mentioned in the description... if you guys do team benching sessions, plz add some extra pics of the event to avoid any discussions

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

if I can manage a proper CB verification at 1280*1024 you should be able too

Can you link an example so I know how to arrange my cpu-z windows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeghoofd said:

Only the setup running the specific hardware mentioned in the description... if you guys do team benching sessions, plz add some extra pics of the event to avoid any discussions

Thanks Leeg, Much appreciated :)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeghoofd said:

http://hwbot.org/submission/3872105_leeghoofd_cinebench___r15_core_i7_2600_783_cb

all of my 1155s are done at 1280 x 1024, you can spot the score, the ranking and the rendered scene is 100% visible... the mainboard tab can be psotioned like the mem tab

that's not legal per the rules and example screenshot, you cannot cover any part of the rankings section, in fact rankings section is explicitly mentioned in screenshot requirements

Verification screenshot requirements
  • The left tab (score, system, ranking)
  • The rendered scene
  • CPU-Z CPU tab
  • CPU-Z Memory tab

Not mandatory but highly recommended: Save screenshot as png or use CapturePNG. To avoid that a low quality jpg screenshot gets discussed/reported/blocked because it looks like textures were altered.

Cinebench%20-%20R15.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice so you tell the moderator to moderate, Question: do you see my score in the rankings yes or no ?  Like my example it would be sufficient. Do you spot the error in CN's example screenshot 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst he came across as he often does, I think adjusting the rules to show ranking doesn't need to be shown is sensible. (since it's not enforced)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeghoofd said:

Nice so you tell the moderator to moderate, Question: do you see my score in the rankings yes or no ?  Like my example it would be sufficient. Do you spot the error in CN's example screenshot 😛

I just want to be absolutely sure before I bench for the comp. As while your example obviously follows the intent of the rule it doesn't follow the letter. As long as no sub will be taken down for covering most of the ranking section I'll do my screenshot that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×