HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

On 9/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, _mat_ said:

I will go into details about this as soon as I have the time to look into it.

Your welcome and great job your doing with Benchmate, hope your not pulling too much hair out :D. For me it's nice to be able to use some brain matter for other things than trying to remember something that happened 5 seconds ago (getting old) :)

Did notice on HM87 with x64 using W8.1 or Fedora the clock is forced to 32-bit by the OS as well as HM65 and W7, also same with W10 x64 and X99. Maybe there's a story there?

On another note has anyone approached the big competition organizers with regards to Benchmate?  Should IMO help a lot if it becomes a requirement for them also.

5 hours ago, 0.0 said:

Your welcome and great job your doing with Benchmate, hope your not pulling too much hair out :D. For me it's nice to be able to use some brain matter for other things than trying to remember something that happened 5 seconds ago (getting old) :)

Did notice on HM87 with x64 using W8.1 or Fedora the clock is forced to 32-bit by the OS as well as HM65 and W7, also same with W10 x64 and X99. Maybe there's a story there?

On another note has anyone approached the big competition organizers with regards to Benchmate?  Should IMO help a lot if it becomes a requirement for them also.

Some hair turned gray already, so I guess I will go for the Sean Connery look when BenchMate has its first production release. :D

I have "fixed" this bug by not touching the 32 bit mode configuration for HPET's Timer0 on Windows 7 anymore, even if a 64 bit main counter is available. It seems to be a hardware bug I could not get rid of, even when I disable the interrupts and the main counter. Some internal flaw in the Intel implementation I guess, that was never revealed because the OS always sets up the HPET timer properly before the first rollover happens. I have no clue why this doesn't happen on Windows 10 though.

In any case, I've read over on OSR that a Windows kernel dev recommended to always use HPET in 32 bit mode, especially on 32 bit systems. There is also the problem of the main counter possibly not being latched correctly when it's 64 bit on a 32 bit platform, because reading 8 bytes is not atomic for 32 bit architecture. So the counter has to be read multiple times and checked for validity, which makes the already slow HPET even slower.

Of course a 32 bit implementation has to handle the rollover that happens about every 5 minutes, so there are more instructions involved to make it work. For 64 bit I don't do rollover checks because it needs 9 million days with a 24 MHz frequency until that happens. I would call that safe for non-server/workstation applications. So consider the HPET64 implementation as faster, which is another reason to use Windows 10 if you can.

Edited by _mat_

• 1 month later...

I guess that's due to your Windows install not allowing a driver not signed by Microsoft. You can either enable test signing (bcdedit /set testsigning on + reboot) or wait for BenchMate 0.10, which has the driver signed appropriately.

But if you drop a quick bug report, I can check for sure and get back to you.

12 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

I guess that's due to your Windows install not allowing a driver not signed by Microsoft. You can either enable test signing (bcdedit /set testsigning on + reboot) or wait for BenchMate 0.10, which has the driver signed appropriately.

But if you drop a quick bug report, I can check for sure and get back to you.

Here is the bug report I have. I'm gonna try enabling test signing and report back.

bugreport.log bugreport.log (0.8.1)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 9:05 PM, Noxinite said:

If we were to remove CPU-Z and replace it with Benchmate, how would that work when implementing it for XP/98 OSes or older HW?

Great, only have elite over clockers and get rid of all the other categories.

No more hardware masters, dump the enthusiasts, get rid of the apprentices, and the extreme groups; problem solved for the Benchmate implementation.

The broken link was to some other German website, listed somewhere in the latest competition, found the source  https://benchmate.org/

Edited by Leeghoofd
found link

13 hours ago, 1BadMoJoe said:

No more hardware masters, dump the enthusiasts, get rid of the apprentices, and the extreme groups; problem solved for the Benchmate implementation.

The broken link was to some other German website, listed somewhere in the latest competition, found the source  https://benchmate.org/

Not sure if troll, or just...? ?

15 hours ago, 1BadMoJoe said:

Irresponsible members - like yourself ( and unfortunately there are A LOT ), have negatively affected this place.

We have come to a point where ignorance, irresponsibility and very little thinking ( if any ), is more common than serious and responsible writing.

SHAME :(

• Like 1

Irresponsible members - like yourself ( and unfortunately there are A LOT ) on the fast track.

We have come to a point where ignorance, of the problems here within hwbot.org with the irresponsibility to do anything about them and extremely little thinking to do even the simple minded maintenance tasks.

is the real shame here.

How many broken links are there, for the score able benchmark software, in the download section?

I have a quick question and a minor (BUG) problem with BM.

Is this the only place to request fixes??

Minor Error.. I will pick driver 417.xx but it is any that can run the GTX-680/780(Ti)/980(Ti) video cards. 

Here is the problem : I'm running XX video card and BM is working great. I switch out video card and restart computer, Win 7 recognizes new video card. Driver already works with xx video card so windows re configures to also run xx card with xx driver. I run BM and get stopped at the loading screen. The fix is to reload the video driver after switching cards. <- As I said, this is a minor problem.

Thank You 

• Crew
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, 1BadMoJoe said:

Irresponsible members - like yourself ( and unfortunately there are A LOT ) on the fast track.

We have come to a point where ignorance, of the problems here within hwbot.org with the irresponsibility to do anything about them and extremely little thinking to do even the simple minded maintenance tasks.

is the real shame here.

How many broken links are there, for the score able benchmark software, in the download section?

well provide them links and we will try to fix them, if noone reports them we can't act right... not sure what this has to do with the benchmate thread

@MaddMutt yep it has been the same with some members in the team too that switching GPU sometimes fixed the loading screen error

Hello,

Which windows services should be on to run the benchmarks? W7 64 saying that it failed tostart security service in 32 bits : cannot find the file specified

In the debug, it says that control service in 32 bit is not running. I can see a service64.exe running though

in services.msc, i can see two new services, oe for 32 the other for 64 bit/. the 64 is started, the other one will not start. no dependencies shown.

Thanks

Edited by bolc

LOG START at 2019-11-10 20:27:06 ----------------------
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\client64.exe
=> Issuer Name of file: DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2) (verifying with: DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2))
=> Subject Name of file: overclockers.at e.U. (verifying with: overclockers.at e.U.)
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\service32.exe
=> Issuer Name of file: DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2) (verifying with: DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2))
=> Subject Name of file: overclockers.at e.U. (verifying with: overclockers.at e.U.)
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\service64.exe
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\client32.dll
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\client64.dll
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\service32.dll
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\service64.dll
Verifying file signature of: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\bmrbt64.sys
Loading driver file: D:\DL Mozilla\BenchMate 0.9.3\bin\bmrbt64.sys
Starting control service
Could not start control service: The system cannot find the file specified. [#2]
Installing control service in 64 bit

then it crashed

on my other setup, it would not load services.exe, only the 64 bit, and then complain it could not start the 32 bit

1 hour ago, bolc said:

Could not start control service: The system cannot find the file specified. [#2]
Installing control service in 64 bit

It seems like the service32.exe or service64.exe does not exist. Check if both files are available in the bin directory of your BenchMate installation. If they are, check which executable files the "BenchMate Security Service (32/64 bit)" services are using. Normally this is pretty fail-safe, because BenchMate deletes these services if an error occurs and reinstalls them.

1 hour ago, bolc said:

Bugreport.exe : Trojan-Spy.Win32.Bobik ?

Yes, there is a Trojan in there of course. ;)

False positive. What Antivirus software are you using? I have to report this to get it removed.

Edited by _mat_

11 hours ago, _mat_ said:

It seems like the service32.exe or service64.exe does not exist. Check if both files are available in the bin directory of your BenchMate installation. If they are, check which executable files the "BenchMate Security Service (32/64 bit)" services are using. Normally this is pretty fail-safe, because BenchMate deletes these services if an error occurs and reinstalls them.

Yes, there is a Trojan in there of course. ;)

False positive. What Antivirus software are you using? I have to report this to get it removed.

kaspersky

as for the services, both files are present but services.exe (the 32 bit) will never be able to execute / load as a service.

BenchMate Security Service (32/64 bit)  : in my services.msc, i have two entries, one for the 32 one for the 64 bit. the 64 bits can run but the 32 will never run

w7 64 sp1 in both cases. in fact it gives the same error on a light w7 edition used for tests, and on a daily (which gave the trojan alert)

Edited by bolc