HWBOT Community Forums

Country CUP - 10th Anniversary design thread:

Leeghoofd

On 10/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, Leeghoofd said:

3DMark Firestrike Ultra - Dual GPU cards only - (4 scores)

Are cards like the Radeon Pro Duo (fiji, pascal, vega, etc) considered workstation cards and not allowed or do we need to worry about sourcing these rare/expensive workstation cards to obliterate gpu score?

Or should ideal gpu lineup be something like r9 295x, Titan Z, HD 7990, GTX 690?

1 minute ago, unityofsaints said:

What about Team UK? ;)

They have a sooper sekrit ln2 bench meet planned that will get canceled because it snows a little.

I don't know why people act like team USA actually has a chance this year, we feel less organized than ever imho. I think the team we're really gonna have to look out for is team DE, they have super strong legacy people that are still active and they actively have bench meets. Finland would be a concern if some of their pros come out of retirement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

They have a sooper sekrit ln2 bench meet planned that will get canceled because it snows a little.

I don't know why people act like team USA actually has a chance this year, we feel less organized than ever imho. I think the team we're really gonna have to look out for is team DE, they have super strong legacy people that are still active and they actively have bench meets. Finland would be a concern if some of their pros come out of retirement.

German teams always strong. Not forget Greece ... they did official win a CC. Forget the Aussies they hardly ever OC & like beers too much. No threat at all xD

Madshrimps that time amazing Team cup.

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Had an idea come to mind.

How about a Socket A stage with a restriction of no NF2 chipset boards used?

Can be any bench you'd like ran and that would make the stage a real challenge to say the least of it.

lets make the 775 stage no intel chipsets :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• Crew
3 hours ago, gtxx58 said:

Native 7x multiplier ?

nope, you can use eg E8600 and run the bench at 7X 

1 hour ago, Splave said:

Points when Team USA wins will be reset on January 1 correct? AKA this is not a good get rich quick scheme hwbpoint wise?

This should NOT be the case, if you want we can extend till the 3rd of January or such ( for your peace of mind)

On 10/8/2019 at 1:55 AM, unityofsaints said:

@Leeghoofd some clarifications: Titan GPUs allowed (especially the Titan Z for the dual GPU stage)? Xeons allowed for 775 / 1336 stages? CPU or motherboard socket for the BCLK stage?

Bclock stage, motherboard socket

Xeons will be allowed yes for S775

I have no problem with the big shot cards for Country Cup 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Digg_de said:

The best is no GPUPI Stage! Worst Benchmark here on HWBot.. sry.

Without any arguments your feedback is useless. Not sorry. ;)
You are welcome to add some constructive feedback though, it might change things for the better in the future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1