HWBOT Community Forums

About Hwbot and Future

rbuass

15 minutes ago, TerraRaptor said:

Simplicity in general is also simplicity to cheat and take high spots. HWBOT was and is database of results in different benchmarks. Making simple validation will ruin the validity of this database - people are people and cheaters will exploit that simplicity to gain top rankings. Look at Aquamark - first only screenshot of am3 window was required, then screenshot in am3 pasted into paint plus cpuz/gpuz, then wrapper - just because there were too many cheaters using simplicity of early validation rules. 

99% of people don't take the time to cheat. 

We all know who did cheat in the past.

We all know (for the most part) when a score looks completely out of whack.

We all know the cooling categories are cool, but using Dice and saying it's "chilled liquid" is bullshit. 

It's a bullshit excuse to over complicate something that people should have ease of access.

Yes BenchMate can focus on this aspect, but really needs 100% implementation to work. It needs to be able to fill out the entry for completely and truly so that it's a viable approach to a situation that's not getting better.

____

Then, nobody really knows about HWBot. What some 2000 people might actively benchmark every year out of 7.5 BILLION people on the planet at least half with some sort of access to a computer??? 

It's a Niche thing that had a hey day like bell bottoms. We can hope it comes back some day.

_____

I really think a gaming category to focus on gamers would be a very smart move 

All in my opinion respectfully.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

99% of people don't take the time to cheat. 

1% is still too much. 

We all know (for the most part) when a score looks completely out of whack.

Do you? I'm quite sure you won't catch me if I start cheating. 

a gaming category to focus on gamers would be a very smart move 

I'm nowhere close to be hardcore gamer yet I was playing Asphalt8 for a couple of years - rankings in one of the most popular games were full of cheaters. Even online events had lots of those. I think that most AAA titles with online functionality (so that they offer human vs human competition) also implement quite serious protection against cheating - auto aim, trainers etc and still they have a lot of such issues. And those protections also make things more complex for usual gamers, so why hwbot shouldn't implement the same protection for its 15y heritage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

TR -  We are old school. I could do the same thing, but we can not underestimate.  ;)

Personal integrity means more to me anyway, just as it does for you I'm sure.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

1% is still too much. 

I'm nowhere close to be hardcore gamer yet I was playing Asphalt8 for a couple of years - rankings in one of the most popular games were full of cheaters. Even online events had lots of those. I think that most AAA titles with online functionality (so that they offer human vs human competition) also implement quite serious protection against cheating - auto aim, trainers etc and still they have a lot of such issues. And those protections also make things more complex for usual gamers, so why hwbot shouldn't implement the same protection for its 15y heritage?

I don't need to catch you, the submissions have moderation. And they KNOW exactly when something doesn't look right. 

OK, so the benchmarks that DO give points across the board are known stable and consistent

Gaming benchmarks would just help bring people to HWBot. 

But if you want to venture off to gaming cheats vs benchmark cheats, you're in the wrong section of the forums for that. HWBot isn't a gaming platform, but should cater to the benchmark, which, if I'm not mistaked, "auto aim cheats" simply just do not apply. 

Anyways, you'd get caught cheating here. If you want to have a challenge and put cheats to use, try the socket 462 platform and see if you can even touch the legitimate benchmark submissions first, then we'll talk.

Edited by ShrimpBrime

31 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

If you want to have a challenge and put cheats to use, try the socket 462 platform and see if you can even touch the legitimate benchmark submissions first, then we'll talk.

FWIW:

Jon, socket A is one of the easier platforms to cheat. ;)

I consider TR to be an expert in that platform also.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 1

Lol. Whatever. It shouldn't even be part of the discussion from veterans any ways.

Still all for gamers taking interest in hwbot.

Compare gaming benchmarks is what kids want to see. 

YouTube gaming comparisons is probably some of the most watched tech videos. 

It ain't about the cheats but bringing some variety.

Edited by ShrimpBrime

Don't y'all go saying that the younger generation isn't interested in overclocking. I am that generation, and I'm bringing as many people as I can with me.

With the release of various new hardware, even manual memory tuning has become a commonplace concept in the gaming community. There is a growing interest in overclocking for the sake of fun, and slowly but surely new people have made their way to these forums and began learning the history and tweaks of OC.

Gaming benchmarks may help entice this younger crowd into competitive overclocking, though hard to regulate.

• Like 1

I don't think people need to fight or challenge because opinions are different. 

Ny topic was posted exclusively because I feel that HWBOT, that's the overclocking house, need to find good ways to grow and keep the power of overclocking. 

I don't like to see abandoned page, and absolutely most of old school overclockers. 

Let's teach people, share nice OC things, introduce new benchs,.... ramake a little bit, AND SURE, keep also the beloved old stuff. 

I think we all can brainstorm and find nice solutions for all. 

That's just my opinion. 

P. S.

GTAV benchmark is very nice, but score is impossible to analyze to ranking. 

But Metro have a very good bench. 

Tomb Raider... 

The Division... 

Who knows, a separate gaming league. 

For sure will help the interest for many people and we con fo it separately to not affect official benchmarks (if the administrators agree). 

Best wishes 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

a large problem of game benches is

SSDs i use for benchmarking are 60GB and I won't be able to install any modern game (>100GB size) to bench:)

PS. There is also a problem with game versions - usually bug/performance fixes during the lifespan of the game affect performance a lot. It is completely different to 3DMark  benchmarks in that aspect. Take EVE online as an example - it is still EVE after 17 years yet very different game if you compare 2003 vs 2020 (or 2022?).

12 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

SSDs i use for benchmarking are 60GB and I won't be able to install any modern game (>100GB size) to bench:)

PS. There is also a problem with game versions - usually bug/performance fixes during the lifespan of the game affect performance a lot. It is completely different to 3DMark  benchmarks in that aspect. Take EVE online as an example - it is still EVE after 17 years yet very different game if you compare 2003 vs 2020 (or 2022?).

Exactly, so even more to the point of needing to prepackage the game with the bench and there isn't really a legal way to do that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

Well I took a decision: if nothing changes before the end of year , I'm ejecting and will leave this site/scene behind me. I'll support the site till Country Cup is finished and then its up to somebody else to steer this rudderless boat. 

I feel sad because Roman and Eike are both one of a kind and are true sports and I feel like I'm abandonning them. I can't imagine how it is to be in their shoes right now.  9 months down the road and they still can't get access to the code. I guess it  must be even more frustrating for them than me, as they invested heaps of cash. The Bot can be so much more but it requires constant attention, something which has been neglected for years now.

I'm getting drained, day by day. Users don't understand why all of this is happening. It is so frustrating and exhausting that emails regarding serious bugs and requests remain just unanswered. Currently  the bot is crawling, adding/removing rules/stuff and moderation is a nitemare or just even a plain no go. Now the 504 error is back again. Only leaves me to wonder what's up next?

Less than 3 months left, enjoy it while it lasts....

• Sad 16

8 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Well I took a decision: if nothing changes before the end of year , I'm ejecting and will leave this site/scene behind me. I'll support the site till Country Cup is finished and then its up to somebody else to steer this rudderless boat. 

I feel sad because Roman and Eike are both one of a kind and are true sports and I feel like I'm abandonning them. I can't imagine how it is to be in their shoes right now.  9 months down the road and they still can't get access to the code. I guess it  must be even more frustrating for them than me, as they invested heaps of cash. The Bot can be so much more but it requires constant attention, something which has been neglected for years now.

I'm getting drained, day by day. Users don't understand why all of this is happening. It is so frustrating and exhausting that emails regarding serious bugs and requests remain just unanswered. Currently  the bot is crawling, adding/removing rules/stuff and moderation is a nitemare or just even a plain no go. Now the 504 error is back again. Only leaves me to wonder what's up next?

So you are saying hwbot has been bought and paid but still the buyers cannot make use of their purchase? This guy Frederika cares a lot about the community as we can see....

• Crew
1 hour ago, Alex@ro said:

So you are saying hwbot has been bought and paid but still the buyers cannot make use of their purchase? This guy Frederika cares a lot about the community as we can see....

it s a bit more complicated than that Alex, but I'm not fully in the loop of the how's and why's and real life doesn't help either...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4n0nym0u5b3nch3r said:

Sell me your P4C800 before you quit XOC pl0x

Pls ban this guy, seriously.

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

it s a bit more complicated than that Alex, but I'm not fully in the loop of the how's and why's and real life doesn't help either...

While I can't say I envy your position, if you leave that means there are very few people left. :(

13 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

I'll be blunt.....
Sounds like someone (Or a few someone's) are being taken for a ride and guess who bailed from behind the drivers seat with all the cash and keys to the ride too. ?

I do hope I'm wrong here but that's what it sounds like to me ATM.

If they paid for it they should have full access - Period and if not AND they agreed to it, then it's their loss and it's all on them.

Edited by Bones
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Thank you Alby. Just thank you. I've enjoyed Bot for many years. Thank you. That's all I got left. Just Thanks dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Truly hope things get fixed soon so you don't have to leave it behind, you've done an excellent job keeping it afloat with very little to work with from the sound of it. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Alby I many times write you and do not agree with you every time but we need you and  it is rare to find an honest man like you.

• Thanks 3

Hopefully everything will settle down and fix , let's think positive. Alby my good old friend please do not leave as you are  essential for this hobby and you are a great person. Give a shout to Frederick and Roman to get all this stuff fix and i think is time for them to join the community conversation to see how we can help. 

Kind Regards: Angelo

• Like 7