HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2013 thread.

Massman

Yes, it's possible. The Stilt explained it in the ASRock thread,

Several people have reported that the 3DMark score is dropping after a certain clock frequency has been reached.

The technical background of this issue is the "Bidirectional Application Power Management" (BApm).

The performance starts to degrade when the GPU divider is dropped to 3,00 or below (equals 1266MHz or higher SCLK at 100MHz BCLK).

It is because at this point the power envelope (44W on 6800K) for the GPU is reached.

When the GPU exceeds it's power envelope, BApm forces the SCLK to throttle to get the power consumption back within the limits. During the throttle the SCLK frequency will oscillate between 304MHz and 1266MHz (at 100MHz BCLK). Eventhou the BApm has access to the real power consumption and temperature data they are ignored for the SCLK power limit. The BApm only weights changes made to the commanded UNB Vdd and the SCLK Dpm frequency. Since the voltage changes made from the bios are not visible to BApm, it only sees the SCLK frequency itself changing. Therefore the SCLK throttling activates always at the same point, no matter if the chip is running on air or LN2 cooling.

Anyway I will post a tool to disable the throttling on Trinity and Richland APUs later today.

Have to make one first, as BApm cannot be killed easily without breaking number of other things :o

Yes, it's possible. The Stilt explained it in the ASRock thread,

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that.

I have actually been using the tool Stilt built for this very purpose, but maybe it's not working on the gigabyte boards? Or maybe there's a TDP limit enforced by the bios that has no setting to override?

Might have to try an Asrock Extreme6 and see if I get the same thing. Taking this whole a little fun with an amd apu thing waaay to far :D

I can't get this HWBOT Aquamark3 wrapper (version 2.51.106) to install. Downloaded it three times, tried installing four or five times, and it still won't load!

Gives me an error message every time saying that it's missing files and has failed to start. "This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." "This application has failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Wanted to compete in the Aquamark3 stage, but can't get the wrapper to work.

Can I just run the 1.0 version wrapper? That one actually WILL install and run on my PC.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Tech Tweaker

You can try downloading the file at the link I found and follow the installation directions that's on the download page.

Hope this helps.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr100

Tried that, didn't fix my problem though. Just kept asking me to buy the professional version of their software.

This was posted elsewhere in response to that error, maybe it will help...

Now THAT fixed my problem. Thank you very much. :)

Shame I just wasted two hours trying to figure out what was wrong. :(

Now THAT fixed my problem. Thank you very much. :)

Shame I just wasted two hours trying to figure out what was wrong. :(

Seems a few are having the same issue. I also encountered the same message and google helped me find the answer. Then I came to this thread and everyone suggested the same thing I had found.

Good thing is that although you may have wasted 2 hours, you still have 46 days left :)

Stage 6, Nov 1 - Dec 19, Catzilla 576P (AMD APU): for this stage only AMD APUs are allowed. You may only use the onboard APU.

LIMITATIONS: Only use processors using socket Socket FM1, Socket FM2 socket, Socket FM2+ socket, Socket FS1 socket, Socket FT1 socket, Socket FT3 socket.

Scores submitted with AMD Bobcats - small and lower power but true APUs like E-350 and E-450 (soldered socket on the motherboard - BGA413) are allowed?

Later edit:

Actually, I took a look at CPU database

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processors?from=processor_2393#key=bga_ft1

and it seems they are BGA FT1 socket, somewhat matching the rules.

Edited by Arise

Scores submitted with AMD Bobcats - small and lower power but true APUs like E-350 and E-450 (soldered socket on the motherboard - BGA413) are allowed?

Later edit:

I asked same thing last week, but nobody wished to answer me.

Later edit:

I asked same thing last week, but nobody wished to answer me.

My apoligies - of course they are allowed too. As you say, those are APUs too.

I have added the socket type to the competition page!

• Crew

Anyone get's a 6690D2 in GPU-Z combining a 3870K and a 6670 GPU in Hybrid crossfire... tried different versions of GPU-Z and drivers always the same 2 (1024 shared memory) or even 3GPUs ( 512 shared memory) pop up in the GPU-Z tab where it mentions Crossfire is enabled...

plz don't tell me we need to install a special version of win7 to get it reading it out correctly :P

6690d2ornot..JPG

Anyone get's a 6690D2 in GPU-Z combining a 3870K and a 6670 GPU in Hybrid crossfire... tried different versions of GPU-Z and drivers always the same 2 (1024 shared memory) or even 3GPUs ( 512 shared memory) pop up in the GPU-Z tab where it mentions Crossfire is enabled...

plz don't tell me we need to install a special version of win7 to get it reading it out correctly :P

6690d2ornot..JPG

Yeah man, I also don't get 6690D2 also by combining 6550D+6670, so I guess we can just put two GPU-Z tab for the clarification?

So what's the situation with Aquamark?

I'm back from a business trip and I want to bench Aquamark. Will a score with v2.26/2.27 still eligible?

Currently any version that works for you. 2.52 is now done, with XP support fixed among others, but I plan on replacing the installer to stop getting the false positives so it might take another day to get it tested and released.