HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Crosshair VI

ROG Crosshair VI series

Disclamer: This is not an official support thread and tools/software is provided as is. Use at your own risk.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5384&stc=1&d=1488464674

BIOS

• 0083 0081 + "2T" DRAM mode
  • 0082 0081 + specific DRAM patches
  • 0081 0081 + ProcODT = 53.3 ohm
  • 0079 New AGESA 1004a
  • 1001 (DRAM 1T mode) Restore defaults before flashing, or use USB BIOS Flashback.
  • 0038 (DRAM 2T mode) Same as 1001 but DRAM set to 2T mode, better on some systems.
  • BIOS 0902 First BIOS with fixed "BIOS updating" problems. 1001 newer and recommended over this.
  • 0090 Has some performance tweaks for Geekbench3, has BIOS updating bug on some boards.

C6H XOC Guide v0.5

C6H OC Pack

C6HOCPAK0302 content

• OCPanel II firmware (wait for OC Panel I)
  • ROG Connect Plus
  • TurboV Core 1.01.15
  • MemTweakIt
  • X370 Windows 7 USB drivers
  • am4_pcratio_v03 - am4_pcratio_ccx sets ratio per core complex, am4_pcratio_focus sets a single core to requested ratio
  • zen_perfboost_v03 - Realtime tweaks for specific benchmarks including Cinebench R11.5, Cinebench R15 and Geekbench3

Enjoy :)

Edited by elmor

Jon,can you put some info about cpu binning like what do good cpu's do and what bad do,is scaling linear like best on air = best on cold,are there any hard-walls ? Also CPU-NB appears to be linked to DRAM Clocks from what i see in screenshot,is it possible to adjust it independtly? Thanks

Jon,can you put some info about cpu binning like what do good cpu's do and what bad do,is scaling linear like best on air = best on cold,are there any hard-walls ? Also CPU-NB appears to be linked to DRAM Clocks from what i see in screenshot,is it possible to adjust it independtly? Thanks

LOL 3.9 bad 4.1 good. you want to spend $329.00 USD at min to bin for a water/air chip to gain 100-200?

$500 chip binning for ln2 will get expensive quick.

No strong correlation so far, all depends on scaling with temp/voltage as usual. Good air chip with good scaling is what's needed for a good LN2 chip. Fabric, IMC and DRAM all run at the same frequency and is not adjustable.

Thanks Jon, I made a good choice to get the Crosshair board again, but they wouldn't sell me a CPU before NDA lifts.

Now it's national holidays and I have to wait until monday, but don't know which chip to get.

It seems they all clock the same +/- 200MHz, but you probably have 4 - 4.1 pretty much guaranteed with 1800X.

Anyone tested 1700 and 1700X under LN2?

I know AMD wants to promote their flagship CPU, but not convinced it is worth it atm.

Thanks Jon, I made a good choice to get the Crosshair board again, but they wouldn't sell me a CPU before NDA lifts.

Now it's national holidays and I have to wait until monday, but don't know which chip to get.

It seems they all clock the same +/- 200MHz, but you probably have 4 - 4.1 pretty much guaranteed with 1800X.

Anyone tested 1700 and 1700X under LN2?

I know AMD wants to promote their flagship CPU, but not convinced it is worth it atm.

Best 1700 chip so far did 5.2G @ 1.72V but no scaling beyond that.

Updated guide to v04.