HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock z170 MOCF lives on Coffee Lake Mods

1 hour ago, AutisticChris said:

Would it be possible to go 4k12 or beyond with bclk instead of a higher divider?

Yes, that's what I need to do with my kit on water, boot 4k 12-11 and then bump it up to 4133 in the OS. 

Once the mems get a little chilly when running dice the 4133 setting starts to work, then the mems can be bumped up to 4200-4250.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Officially non of the z390 supports win7, not even microsoft does anymore :D but you can find results made with both boards on w7, so doable if im not wrong.

Guys Formula Drive ver:3.0.94 works fine for you with 8 core on w7? For me multi can be changed only downwards, not changing on the way up, anybody has same issue?

Edited by Achill3uS
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Synth Wave said:

Is the Z390 Taichi Ultimate compatible with Windows 7?

Like achill3us mentioned, its not officially supported but yes win7 does work with both mobo's I listed.

2 hours ago, Achill3uS said:

Officially non of the z390 supports win7, not even microsoft does anymore :D but you can find results made with both boards on w7, so doable if im not wrong.

Guys Formula Drive ver:3.0.94 works fine for you with 8 core on w7? For me multi can be changed only downwards, not changing on the way up, anybody has same issue?

For mocf with 6c/8c you need to use AFD 3.0.209.1, everything is working properly on all OS with that version. See link from splave below 

On 4/12/2018 at 6:31 AM, Splave said:
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 6:18 AM, Achill3uS said:

You need to install a USB card for Z390.

• Like 2

I have a question that has not been answered by KPC yet. I do not feel that it's their fault as they must first either get the board and verify a problem or ask several owners to verify if there is a problem.

I currently own 2 ASRock Z170 OCF motherboards and have one setup for Dice benching. I purchased the motherboards during the Team Competition  2018 a few months ago. The Motherboards are Rev 1.03. I have a problem with mounting my older KPC F1 Dark and I hope someone else has been able to find a simple solution.

I installed the F1 Dark for my benching of my i3-6320 for the Team Cup. While installing the Back Plate/Rods through the mounting holes, it did not want to line up. The back plate did not slide smoothly during installation nor sit flush with the motherboard. I had the feeling that if I tightened the screws on the Hold Down Plate that I would crack or break the motherboard.

I would gladly buy the "New Mounting Hardware" at KPC if this would solve my problem. Other than the AM4 compatibility, it looks identical to the one I have.

Is it just me being to cautious on properly mounting my F1??

Would it be easier to just purchased a New Cooler from KPC??

Thank You For Your Time And Assistance :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaddMutt said:

I have a question that has not been answered by KPC yet. I do not feel that it's their fault as they must first either get the board and verify a problem or ask several owners to verify if there is a problem.

I currently own 2 ASRock Z170 OCF motherboards and have one setup for Dice benching. I purchased the motherboards during the Team Competition  2018 a few months ago. The Motherboards are Rev 1.03. I have a problem with mounting my older KPC F1 Dark and I hope someone else has been able to find a simple solution.

I installed the F1 Dark for my benching of my i3-6320 for the Team Cup. While installing the Back Plate/Rods through the mounting holes, it did not want to line up. The back plate did not slide smoothly during installation nor sit flush with the motherboard. I had the feeling that if I tightened the screws on the Hold Down Plate that I would crack or break the motherboard.

I would gladly buy the "New Mounting Hardware" at KPC if this would solve my problem. Other than the AM4 compatibility, it looks identical to the one I have.

Which set of holes did you try? For lga 115x it shouldn't be the same hole in every corner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

This is the proper orientation for the back plate/rods.

http://forum.kingpincooling.com/showthread.php?t=488

capture4932.jpg

On 10/10/2018 at 11:38 PM, Droidbot said:

BIOS for Z170 OC Formula -- based off Nick's BIOS, modded by dsanke

Changes:
Added 906EC (Octa-core) microcode
Updated iGPU vBIOS to 1059 and GOP to 9.0.1080

DSDT and CPU SSDT patched to support 16 thread

Download: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03237385439615534015

BIOS for Z170M OC Formula -- based off Nick's BIOS, also modded by dsanke

Same changes as above.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=77370903885183324131

Hey guys, has anyone tried 9700k on Z170 ocf with this bios? Mine didn't work. The system won't boot. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

BS: my “me fw version” is 11.6.0.1126.

Edited by Raabot
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, Raabot said:

Hey guys, has anyone tried 9700k on Z170 ocf with this bios? Mine didn't work. The system won't boot. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

BS: my “me fw version” is 11.6.0.1126.

Did you do this to the CPU? If you have then you probably have to solder your motherboard.

-704f2493a51166fd.png

23 hours ago, Synth Wave said:

Did you do this to the CPU? If you have then you probably have to solder your motherboard.

-704f2493a51166fd.png

Yes, I did. I shorted the two pins with #2 pencil and isolate others with tapes. Is 9700k works on your Z170 OCF with this bios? I just want to know if the bios works or not before I do any soldering. Thanks!

11/23/18 updates:

I tried the same protocol as before but this time I am using Nick's bios on Z170 OCF with 8700k and it worked!

Edited by Raabot

17 hours ago, Raabot said:

Yes, I did. I shorted the two pins with #2 pencil and isolate others with tapes. Is 9700k works on your Z170 OCF with this bios? I just want to know if the bios works or not before I do any soldering. Thanks!

11/23/18 updates:

I tried the same protocol as before but this time I am using Nick's bios on Z170 OCF with 8700k and it worked!

Can you try the 9700k with Nicks BIOS?