HWBOT Community Forums

LN2 costs

Mean Machine

I searched for a thread like this, but can't seem to find any. I know there is one (or more) on XS, but I figured now that I've fallen back into the misery where I have to negotiate and pay for my own LN2, I might as well moan about it so everyone can see.

So, the question: how much do you pay for your LN2?

My current deal runs at 22 SEK + VAT per liter, working out at a nice sum of 27.50 SEK, which in its turn is... 3€. :(

I was much happier when I had someone pay for my LN2.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my 50L dewar for something like $150 - then found out shipping was $150 as well. :)

I worked my price down to $.50/Liter, so a fill usually comes to just over $25 including taxes. I drive an hour and a half round trip to get it.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

About 1 Euro/Liter in Austria. You can get it from the universities this cheap, but you have to own a dewar. Well, it's better anyway because it pays back quickly and you don't have too much stress using it.

LN2 is much more expensive when you buy it from a company (here). But when you need a few hundred liters a year, you can negotiate a better price. Delivery is out of reach!

5CHF per lt =4.15 eu

my dewar 30lt = 150CHF and need wait 2 weeks to have it then drive for 45minuts and wait there +1 hour to have a full dewar.

in italy i got it for 120eu for 200LT monthly, free delivery free dewar.

Edited by Hiwa

• Crew
About 1 Euro/Liter in Austria. You can get it from the universities this cheap, but you have to own a dewar. Well, it's better anyway because it pays back quickly and you don't have too much stress using it.

LN2 is much more expensive when you buy it from a company (here). But when you need a few hundred liters a year, you can negotiate a better price. Delivery is out of reach!

lol yeah. i payed 120€ for 25l incl. "shipping" (own dewar)

$0.50/L here. Don't take the first price if you're a bargainer. I went from $6/L at Airgas to $1.75 after talking them down. Then I went to a local welding shop and talked them down to $1/L. After using a friend's receipt (from a different region) at my Airgas I convinced them to honor $0.50/L. Same Airgas, same people. It's all in how nice and how persistent you are, with a little luck thrown in for good measure. :)

EDIT - Forgot to mention that's with my own 30L dewar. I can rent a 180L for something ridiculous like $1.75/day plus $5 delivery charge. Those are rough figures but you get the point...I like my local Airgas.

Edited by hokiealumnus

In Finland we still pay 8€/liter + dewar (5€/day). So take 60kg and pay 471€ for it :)

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/350635/august-17-2010/newsweek-ranks-the-world-s-best-countries

Yeah, we are the best, cause we pay more than others ..right?

They probably charge by the weight of the guy picking the LN2 up. :D

Or maybe it's some sort of government scheme. Extra tax on LN2 to boost healthcare. Or something.

Btw, I have my own dewars, if I didn't, I'd have to pay rent + handling fee each time, heard the handling fee is ~€50 every time...