HWBOT Community Forums

Alby Appreciation Thread

mickulty

12 minutes ago, Mr.Scott said:

Thread should be changed to 'moderator appreciation thread'.

There have been many really decent, understanding mods here. Too many for me to list. You know what drives them away? The ungrateful, belligerent members here.

These guys do this for free, on their own limited time. For what?, So you loudmouths can bitch about everything that doesn't go exactly your personal way? Bullshit.

Can't blame any of them for quitting. They get little helpful support from the members, and almost no support from the developers or site creator.

The mods are the only glue that still keeps this FREE site up for you fucking clowns.

Show some restraint, some patience, and some god dam respect. Is that too much to ask?

Albrecht, fishing sounds good. I will join you. :)

GOD bless your mouth ( and mind ) captain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is not much to say to be honest.

Everyone recognizes Albrecht's effort and work over the years and that is unquestionable even for people who haven't met/get to know him (no need to start typing how great of a person he is etc).

At this point, I don't feel like anyone can complain for him wanting to stop and can't blame him either.
From my end this is totally justified.

Hope everything goes well for him and in the meantime I hope the autopilot (hwbot) works.

Edited by FireKillerGR
  • Thanks 1

Maybe an idea is Alby doesnt have to mod forums and concentrate on everything else.

Then find a respectable user to moderate the disccusions here. 

Would something like that work for hwbot forums? Just an idea here. Im sure the forum stress can get crazy.... Which is strange cause its not like theres some super heavy user base here... Even though I think there should be.

Go HWBot admin and mods. All do a great job yea? Scott is right, should be appreciation for all admin and mods. 

Thread should be changed to 'moderator appreciation thread'.

There have been many really decent, understanding mods here. Too many for me to list. You know what drives them away? The ungrateful, belligerent members here.

These guys do this for free, on their own limited time. For what?, So you loudmouths can bitch about everything that doesn't go exactly your personal way? Bullshit.

Can't blame any of them for quitting. They get little helpful support from the members, and almost no support from the developers or site creator.

The mods are the only glue that still keeps this FREE site up for you fucking clowns.

Show some restraint, some patience, and some god dam respect. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks for saying that, Scotty. It's all true. If I have been part of creating that in any way I apologize right here and right now.

Edited by marco.is.not.80
  • Thanks 2

• Crew

Thans to many for the kids words, seems some others still don't understand how this site/hobby & community functions.

I think Scotties post is spot on, it's not about me, but to all those hat invested lots of time and effort to keep the site up and running. Trying to make it as fun as it could be. Similar to daily live, we have to impose rules and regulations to keep things structurized and fair to everyone. There are always problems and learning moments, like now.  Does the site have issues, ofcourse! I'm the first to admit that, but again this is mainly because we are constantly evolving and the lack of manpower or manhours makes things on the coding side even harder. It's like a  new bios, fix one thing break two other things. Patience is a virtue people!

Just to burst your bubble, this site tries to run break even and is currently based on two main income/event sources: G.Skill and Galax competitions. I don't need to tell you that due to Galax not hosting an event due to regional tensions, we will not even achieve break even this year. So a big hand to Frederik who invest his own money in this site to pay for the server and other costs. We have seen other times with big sponsorship, but the ROI ( Return of Investment ) is always killed by our own community. Leading to sponsors to drop out or just not even adhering to the agreed deals.

I have no clue why but no matter which generation of OCers I look at, I  can always label ourselves as being  Self Destructive. In the golden times when I was still as young and sexy as many are now, we had numerous world wide competitions. Most vendors didn't have in house benchers so they relied on the knowledge and feedback of the community. Nowadays they have in-house benchers, because these selected people will not turn into the super greedy species some companies had to deal with before. Some examples:  I have witnessed big shot OCers claiming all the samples that they used during an event or even what the fluck just touched. In a dedicated OC lab I even saw sports bags open and a few OCers just putting in binned graphics cards, without even asking for the samples. And there are tons more examples how, WE, the community just keep on shooting in our own feet. Usually it is just a few individuals that mess things up for all the rest. Bussines as usual, year after year, leading to the vendors dropping out one by one.

Biggest loss on the previous was when Massman decided to leave,  he was the main contact with all the major companies. Companies we needed, to provide samples to the moderators to check out the new hardware BEFORE it hit the shelves, providing site sponsorship and the already mentioned prizes for the hosted events at HWBot. Ney, Websmile, Strunkenbold kept it running but the numerous encountered frustrations with the members all made them to leave. If something is wrong or not up to our own likings, the blaming finger immediately points straight at  HWbot or the moderator that apparently doesn't like your latest brilliant idea. 

Question: do you as an employee will do the same with your boss? Probably not as he provides your income. So why do this on a site which is free of charge and which allows us to have fun? Beats me, I can only label this an act of lack of respect.

If I'm overlooking this particular thread you can clearly distinct the different interest and understandings of some of our users. We always spot the same types and characters: the all knowing, the sensible, the smartass ake -, the I-want-to-have-the-last-word and other types.  I guess most of us are grown ups, but why act so childish or even turn into a freaking spoiled brat? Too bad the thread was already moderated as it might have been very educational to read some of the removed content.

It is time we all look in the mirror and ask ourselves the question: am I doing it right? What do people actually think of me? Am I the next big thing? Why is OC going backwards? Why can't we just press run the benchmark, why do we feel the need to tinker with the free software to get a better score? Self reflection might help with many, some are just lost cases that will never grasp it. 

Anyway to sum up, I decided to stay as I don't want the kill this site. The current and old HWBot team has devoted way too much to just allow it to go down. But I hope everybody understands now that some will need to tone down, no matter how convinced you are that you are right, a simple No is a No. Stop acting like a 10 year old! Can we please everybody? Nope but we got for the community , not just you, the individual!!!

The Moderation Team will be reinforced with Matthew Bush and hopefully the integration of BenchMate will still be done before end of year. 

Leeghoofd out

• Like 15
  • Thanks 22
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Thans to many for the kids words, seems some others still don't understand how this site/hobby & community functions.

I think Scotties post is spot on, it's not about me, but to all those hat invested lots of time and effort to keep the site up and running. Trying to make it as fun as it could be. Similar to daily live, we have to impose rules and regulations to keep things structurized and fair to everyone. There are always problems and learning moments, like now.  Does the site have issues, ofcourse! I'm the first to admit that, but again this is mainly because we are constantly evolving and the lack of manpower or manhours makes things on the coding side even harder. It's like a  new bios, fix one thing break two other things. Patience is a virtue people!

Just to burst your bubble, this site tries to run break even and is currently based on two main income/event sources: G.Skill and Galax competitions. I don't need to tell you that due to Galax not hosting an event due to regional tensions, we will not even achieve break even this year. So a big hand to Frederik who invest his own money in this site to pay for the server and other costs. We have seen other times with big sponsorship, but the ROI ( Return of Investment ) is always killed by our own community. Leading to sponsors to drop out or just not even adhering to the agreed deals.

I have no clue why but no matter which generation of OCers I look at, I  can always label ourselves as being  Self Destructive. In the golden times when I was still as young and sexy as many are now, we had numerous world wide competitions. Most vendors didn't have in house benchers so they relied on the knowledge and feedback of the community. Nowadays they have in-house benchers, because these selected people will not turn into the super greedy species some companies had to deal with before. Some examples:  I have witnessed big shot OCers claiming all the samples that they used during an event or even what the fluck just touched. In a dedicated OC lab I even saw sports bags open and a few OCers just putting in binned graphics cards, without even asking for the samples. And there are tons more examples how, WE, the community just keep on shooting in our own feet. Usually it is just a few individuals that mess things up for all the rest. Bussines as usual, year after year, leading to the vendors dropping out one by one.

Biggest loss on the previous was when Massman decided to leave,  he was the main contact with all the major companies. Companies we needed, to provide samples to the moderators to check out the new hardware BEFORE it hit the shelves, providing site sponsorship and the already mentioned prizes for the hosted events at HWBot. Ney, Websmile, Strunkenbold kept it running but the numerous encountered frustrations with the members all made them to leave. If something is wrong or not up to our own likings, the blaming finger immediately points straight at  HWbot or the moderator that apparently doesn't like your latest brilliant idea. 

Question: do you as an employee will do the same with your boss? Probably not as he provides your income. So why do this on a site which is free of charge and which allows us to have fun? Beats me, I can only label this an act of lack of respect.

If I'm overlooking this particular thread you can clearly distinct the different interest and understandings of some of our users. We always spot the same types and characters: the all knowing, the sensible, the smartass ake -, the I-want-to-have-the-last-word and other types.  I guess most of us are grown ups, but why act so childish or even turn into a freaking spoiled brat? Too bad the thread was already moderated as it might have been very educational to read some of the removed content.

It is time we all look in the mirror and ask ourselves the question: am I doing it right? What do people actually think of me? Am I the next big thing? Why is OC going backwards? Why can't we just press run the benchmark, why do we feel the need to tinker with the free software to get a better score? Self reflection might help with many, some are just lost cases that will never grasp it. 

Anyway to sum up, I decided to stay as I don't want the kill this site. The current and old HWBot team has devoted way too much to just allow it to go down. But I hope everybody understands now that some will need to tone down, no matter how convinced you are that you are right, a simple No is a No. Stop acting like a 10 year old! Can we please everybody? Nope but we got for the community , not just you, the individual!!!

The Moderation Team will be reinforced with Matthew Bush and hopefully the integration of BenchMate will still be done before end of year. 

Leeghoofd out

Luv you man  ;)

We may not always agree, but still.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Leeghoofd out

Welcome back. Sorry for my big mouth... Some content here, that I was part of, had really nothing to do with you, but some back and forth from another member and myself. It was unprofessional, and I'll choose to seek information and think before speaking. That said, my apologies, I'll be sure it doesn't happen again.

So moving on....

How can we as individuals and teams help??

Help in growth of the community? Help in gathering sponsors and making it worth while for them to come and stay? 

What can we do to help YOU guys achieve the goals you're after?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Respect each other and accept the Rules when doing Competitions. Dont blame us all with stupid behavior like childrens....The Community lost too much great Guys in the past due to Bullshit discussions year after year.....

Keep HWBOT and Overclocking going on !!!!

Good to see that Alby didnt leave !!!!

Edited by P5ych0
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Leeghoofd out

Can this be stickied and then force read to any  new member.. like a popup that says "Yes I read this" before their account is activated?

Glad you didn't leave.

Vin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Bones said:

+1 to the above.

This doesn't need to disappear, instead it could be stickied so the next time it starts up (And it will sooner or later) you can just find the thread and "Point" to it as warning to whomever. 

Adding it to HWBot History page would be a good start. It hasn't been updated since 2011 in fact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really appreciate you chosing to stay on @Leeghoofd, and thank you for correcting some misconceptions about the financials of hwbot.

I'm sorry to say that at the time other people left, I still hadn't really been paying all that much attention - certainly not enough.  We should definitely be grateful to all the people who have given their time to the overclocking community over the years.

I know I've not been perfect over the years.  Doing the right thing is a continuous process and I'll try and make sure I'm putting in, not taking out.

• Like 3

• Crew
On 10/25/2019 at 2:58 PM, bigblock990 said:

This ^^^^^

The only reason would be someone passionate about what they are doing sinking money in to keep it going. But clearly thats not the case here.

I beg to differ... time someone that spreads false rumors gets their facts straightened or delivers...

The money train as some referred it too has left the station already over a year ago...

Time to move on and keep the boat afloat

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I beg to differ... time someone that spreads false rumors gets their facts straightened or delivers...

The money train as some referred it too has left the station already over a year ago...

Time to move on and keep the boat afloat

You're right, I don't have any facts. Was just going off hearsay from other members, and my own logic. I still find it extremely hard to believe fred is losing money every year but I guess I'll take your word for it.

I'm glad you decided to stick around anyways :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/27/2019 at 1:31 AM, Leeghoofd said:

Leeghoofd out

This should be somewhere on hwbot discord just to remind ppl

On 10/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, Mr.Scott said:

This too.