HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

Yes, but in our case we don't even have half the participants required.

Noone is interested and you can see the activity throughout the year.

Not only population, but also GDP plays a big role in this.

But that's the rules of the game and it is the same in every sport.

I'm not completely against the current way of doing it. Nothing is just black or white.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but in our case we don't even have half the participants required.

Noone is interested and you can see the activity throughout the year.

Not only population, but also GDP plays a big role in this.

But that's the rules of the game and it is the same in every sport.

I'm not completely against the current way of doing it. Nothing is just black or white.

We also had plans to compete in all stages, but it didn't work as expected. It's a pity, because this year it wasn't so difficult to participate.

But it's always been about getting hardware for every stage and sub Stage (1/2/4/6/8core cpu etc) in order to ensure the best score possible. As for teams not having a 1 core cpu.... I didn't have one either, I paid up the aud$80 for one, to never be used again. Others could have done the same, plenty were on ebay for the whole competition.

Yes, buying boring, useless hardware that doesn't even add significantly to the team average is a good idea for a competition...

But if hwbot wants it this way, then thats fine. But state it in the rules! Is it the same case for stage 1? Nine 49.9p subs gets beaten by ten 0.1p subs? Come on...

Save us the money for hardware and ln2 next time and let us know about the rules in advance so we can know if there is a point in competing or not.

It doesn't work that way in the first stage, its simply an accumulation of points, only in Stage 2, 3, and 4 force you to gather subs in each of the categories. There are always going to be things that are unfair to one set of overclockers or another. Hell for that matter, this Country Cup was entirely to modern for me. I have no interest in competing against binned 6.4Ghz Skylake processors but those are the rules so all I could do was bear down and get the best done we can. Canada came in 22nd last year, all I was hoping that through organization and stupid amounts of harrassment to other Canadians overclockers we might crack top 10.

It doesn't work that way in the first stage, its simply an accumulation of points, only in Stage 2, 3, and 4 force you to gather subs in each of the categories. There are always going to be things that are unfair to one set of overclockers or another.

Yes, the first stage is why I actually thought that the other stages would be a true average based ranking as well. It also says so in the rules... Only people who have been here a long time can suspect that it is first number of submissions and then average.

This is the only major problem with hwbot in my opinion. The competitions are always unclear to say the least when it comes to rules. The rules are updated, changed, new rules are added. It is hard to find the new rules because they are buried somewhere deep down in a thread with 100 replies. Rankings are not working correctly in the beginning etc.

Just a quick message: Christian, Xyala and myself are all on the road at the moment so it might take a bit longer to respond to questions and moderation issues.

So maybe its better not to bench geekbench and IGP stage with B-DIE... just to be safe...

B-DIE based kits were listed from Nov 12th in Germany but were not available, no idea if availability was better in other countries before Nov 1st :)

I think when you take in to consideration the sandbag Stage 1 results that Australia is holding, it is over. I can't believe that they trusted the engine enough to submit their Stage 2 and 3 results in the last hour. Now that is brave.

Can't wait for next year! Love these comps!

See you guys always assume we are sandbagging - that's the problem. There were plenty of us still benching with 30 mins to go - it aint over till its over.....