HWBOT Community Forums

League Structure, How do YOU want it?

League Structure, How do YOU want it?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the League Structure the way it is, or restructure for 2020

• Yes keep it the same
    • No, lets change it up

• Members

Single league or elite/everyone would work for me, but I know a lot of people like the rookie/novice idea.

I went from enthusiast to extreme when I bought a SS, I still went up in points which is what mattered, so I've never really got the whole needing multi league thing other than ego stroking :)

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Niuulh said:

I'd like rookie for like 6/12 months then one league

I think rookie league and rookie rumble is nice to have first small goals reachable wich is really motivating. I know i first register on hwbot cause of amd RR

Don't forget the novice nimbles as well! :D

Cowcotland V OCN.

The naming could change???

Who is Elite??? ---- ES hardware, LN2 benching, Points, Total Points?? <- I saw a History show on the (British) SAS. There was no - I Think I'm good enough to be - IF YOU WERE - then you would already be in the SAS unit !!

There is NO want to be an Extreme Bencher - You Benching ________ (20+???)subs with LN2 you are shooting to be the next - SPlave/OGS/bigblock990/ Top % of overclocker's. This also has a Points/Time Limit  -> Not everybody can be the TOP % so if you slack off/haven't benched in _________ you drop back/down a slot/ranking. I Know...I Know BUT you can't still be Called/Ranked an Extreme/Elite Bencher from 5 years ago !!!! If the Top Indie Car racer or ->Insert Name<- took  2~5 yrs off - they would never be classified to even finish their first race back...

^ This could also be a (A) List of who got Invited (Personally_Top 20~30) to go to ___________ or compete for the Title of The Worlds Most Elite/ ->Insert Name<- Overclocker. Now of course you start the year with comps and the TOP _____ go to the next round... In the END K|ngP|n/Slave/OGS is crowned/awarded the Title + Money. - Who Knows...in 3~5 years it may be who has the most YouTube Viewers (Because they are so GOOD and EVERBODY wants to be HIM/HER) Learning how to OC by the Masters that they are the ones getting invited to compete ? 

Then you have the Enthusiast that will use everything from Chilled Water, SS, Dice, and ______ LN2 (5~15 subs??).

Now you have the Apprentice (Points/Time ??) that is moving up from Rookie/Novice. This bencher is learning how to use a Custom Water Loop/Chilled Water and may be saving for a SS/Dice setup.

A Novice is someone who has either WON a RR Competition or has ______ Points/Time as a Rookie. 

A Rookie is someone who is just starting out with a computer and has less than _______ Points/Time. -> You can't be qualified a Rookie if you've WON a RR. There should be no I've been a Rookie for 5mo and have won the last 3 RR's :( 

I'm not sure how long to allow voting but less than a week is to too short. ???

^ This is just the Rumblings from an OLD MAN ?

Thank You ☮️

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vinster said:

Elite usually (or used to be, I've been out a bit) represent a sponsored OverClocker... like the ones you noted. Nobody can compete against someone with an endless amount of HW and resources. so they are the Elite... then there is everyone else...

Vin 

Endless... 

• Haha 1

• Members
5 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Two leagues - 1) LN2 and above 2) Everything else. 3 Leagues if you count rookie but it's time-limted so it's not really a full league in my eyes. The per-submission "Sponsored" tickbox is doing a good job so I don't see much point in the Elite league anymore

You vote saying you want it to stay the same but then say you want it to change? ?

• Crew
7 hours ago, Vinster said:

Elite usually (or used to be, I've been out a bit) represent a sponsored OverClocker... like the ones you noted. Nobody can compete against someone with an endless amount of HW and resources. so they are the Elite... then there is everyone else...

Vin 

There's no such thing as endless amount of hardware, you would be surprised… Elite is not as wow as you think it is....

Again Nice thing to start this debate again, but the 25 people voting here might not be a reflection of what the community needs as it's mostly the extreme guys that have casted their vote here..

Like Alex mentioned I rather prefer bugfixing and get it running smooth and removal of them  cut off points, then move forward to the next step.  Remind you it is one programmer that has to digg into the code, try to understand and analyse it. find the flaws, fix it ,test it and than if all is well release it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Too many leagues. Get rid of the whole seasonal ranking and replace it with a ranking solely based on Challenger cups. Add a rookie cup to the Challenger and we have some way for the rookie to quickly get into things and they can climb the Challenger ranking.

Keep career ranking, but get rid of all leagues except pro (don't call it elite) and "normal" League for anyone not pro. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Too many leagues. Get rid of the whole seasonal ranking and replace it with a ranking solely based on Challenger cups. Add a rookie cup to the Challenger and we have some way for the rookie to quickly get into things and they can climb the Challenger ranking.

Keep career ranking, but get rid of all leagues except pro (don't call it elite) and "normal" League for anyone not pro. 

That would be the perfect solution in my opinin! I would vote for a league change but then please change into something useful as this!

2 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

You vote saying you want it to stay the same but then say you want it to change? ?

That's not a contradiction. Overall I'd prefer the option I outlined in my comment but I realise it's very unlikely to get a majority so I voted no change. i.e. I strongly prefer either what I mentioned or no change above any other outcome.

Guest Alex Bese
7 hours ago, Rauf said:

I don't think I have a big word here, but in my opinion this is the way to go. 

• Crew

A sticky will be once we reach valuable content that can't be lost or is allowed to dissappear due to abundant posts..  Till now no reason to do so... 

Also if you read closer on the other changes thread a change of this format  will for 99% not happen in the near future...  Other things need to be sorted first. 

• Like 7