HWBOT Community Forums

XTU will become pointless

• Crew

lo all,

I did some testing yesterday to confirm the findings regarding XTU as there are way too many bugged outputs on the Bot. I tested a dozen of versions yesterday with the 9700K on H20 and Cascade on Windows 10

Findings:

XTU performance is very inconsistent. Scoring 2900 one run, a rerun goes up to 3150.

XTU performance output is too depending on the installed versions, as we already  knew the 64Bit version 6.5.1.321 is easily outperforming any older versions. Till now no way to seperate them, Intel is working on it, but we loose too much time as 10K subs chime in weekly...

The mix of 32 and 64 OS version requirements doesn't make things any easier

It seems XTU loves Heat iso Cold, not being able to replicate a score done on H20 versus the setup under the cascade. Put the fans on low on the H20 setup and score even higher… sure...

Especially the temperature issue is the last drop for me as headmoderator, Seriously if one overclocks and runs colder one achieves a lower score for the same processor speed.  The Efficiency/MHz gets totally lost the colder one runs...

I feel this point withdrawal is a thing that should have been done earlier, Sorry for those that will loose a heap of points but the current ranking doesn't reflect the true spirit of Overclocking.

9700K.jpg

Fingers crossed that XTU 2.0 will be the next big thing… I've been a fan of XTU for quick stability testing, but the many bugs that slipped in over the years made it as one of the most unstable benchmarks we have implemented at HWBot.

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

Guest Digg_de
1 hour ago, Alex@ro said:

Way to go, time to stop this non-sense. Too bad for so many hours to get that 742 743....Useless. 

Hehe yes, i remember. :D

R.I.P. XTU

Edited by Digg_de

Considering I never ran it I surely won't miss it.

Good riddance.

Need to disable entries and be done with it to help the database/servers - With all the subs still coming in I'm afraid it's gonna create a hot mess with the site once removed and the new version is implemented.
I certainly hope not.

Edited by Bones
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bigblock990 said:

Global and Hardware points are gone, but xtu subs still have team points.

All benches with no global and  no HW still get Team Points. This was never addressed properly last time it was mentioned, but it doesn't seem right. If the bench is too buggy for normal points then why should it get team points??

More on topic: I guess it's a shame as it is so popular and brought me into the benching community, buuuuuut it's so unstable and buggy it's dumb. So I think this was the right choice.

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 1

guys, you never know on which leg to dance...

"As newer versions of XTU do not produce a score which is on par with older versions, we are forced to take the hard decision to disable points for all XTU submissions. "

for gpupi, i didn't see the results being removed, but 2 categories were made.

i guess on big cpus (>6 c/12t), reruns can mean nothing and yield more inconsistencies, especially with high ram frequencies, but on 4c/8t or lower, as long as i can tell, results seemed very consistent on all ddr3 platforms from sandy to haswell.

on ddr4, I don't know.

imo, kill it for ddr4 but not for ddr3 :o or kill the new version or benching on new cpus :D

Edited by bolc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Crew

Even older mobile 4 cores get a boost with heat... It is totally uncontrolable... There's no code change in the save file since a long time.. So we can't differentiate the versions anymore like we can with gpupi... 

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Even older mobile 4 cores get a boost with heat... It is totally uncontrolable... There's no code change in the save file since a long time.. So we can't differentiate the versions anymore like we can with gpupi... 

okidokie.

screenshot got mandatory at some point, oh yeah 1st of June.

a teammate told me about a sub with missing screenshot that got removed. and that 64bit is not allowed (personally, always used the 32bit v6.4.1.12 since this version corrected a bug such that people could modify their score).

June 01, 2019: limitation to 32 bit XTU version only, due to enhanced 64bit version being out. A verification screenshot is required for top 20 scores.

older submissions with or without screenshots are still valid, right ?

Edited by bolc
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

New released Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Version: 6.5.1.355 (Latest) Date: 9/9/2019

I expect nothing will be changed.

Edit. 

From the link... https://hwbot.org/newsflash/5130_xtu_to_be_disabled_for_points_until_further_notice

"We will be working together with Intel to see whether a new version of XTU can solve these issues. Until then, points remain disabled."

Has there been any progress?

Edited by Papusan

• 3 weeks later...